Chippewa City Cemetery
Parish of St Francis Xavier Church and cemetery. Located about 1/8
mi. north of Hwy. 61 just east of the church. Grand Marais. The
church is now owned by the Cook County Historical Society and is on the National
Register of Historic Places. The church is open to the public during
Colvill Community Cemetery
Poplar Grove Cemetery
Established about 1909 by Bethlehem Evangelical Lutheran Church.
St John's Catholic Cemetery
Cemetery A- K,
L - Z
The first burial here was in 1899. Located just north of the "four
corners" junction on Co. Rd. 12 (Gunflint Trail) 4 mi. north of Grand Marais.
An early Swedish Protestant Church, on the National Register of Historic
Places until it burned. It was rebuilt faithful to the original and
is located at the cemetery. Information is available from the United
Protestant Church in Grand Marais.
This cemetery was located in front of Our Lady of the Rosary Church and
originally contained both pagan and Christian burials, as well as traditional
Chippewa wooden grave houses.
- Published information includes "Holy Rosary Cemetery, Grand Portage, Minnesota"
in Cousins et cousines 7:3-4 (8-11/1984), p 238.
Mt Rose Cemetery
Located on Hwy 61 going east after you pass the lodge exits.
Old Settlers Cemetery
Established in 1894.
Trinity Lutheran Cemetery
Established in the fall of 1913.
Mineral Center Cemetery
Established by United Congregational Church of Mineral Center.
First used June 2, 1920. The Cook County Historical Society has the church
records, as the church no longer exists.
Established about 1908.
Directions: Right hand side of Cramer Road approx. 3/4 mi. north of Hwy.
61 in Schroeder.
Established June 30, 1916.
Directions: Rear of church up the hill.